Looking for ways to ignite the spirit of exercise and workout at home and also have fun while you’re at it?
As I am about to share with you 9 of the best home gym exercise equipment you will very much be excited to have at home. Our list focuses on those that are cost-effective, simple and easy to use. While also giving you some of the advantages and disadvantages of using these home exercise equipment.
You will completely love these pieces of equipment believe me!
However, I’ll like to also state that my intention here is not to pre-sell any of these pieces of equipment to you. This article is just for informational purposes alone. To give you tips on how to bring the fun of home-gym & workout to your home.
Also, we would be looking at 9 pieces of awesome equipment, however, there is a 10th one which is actually a bonus recommendation. So make sure to read till the end!
First off, I’ll like to briefly pick out somethings:
The pieces of equipment and devices mentioned here are top-notch and the industry’s trending. While some are focused on training and building a specific part of your body, others are best for the all-round exercise of your body. Helping you burn body fat and also build muscle. Also, while most are a bit inexpensive to have, others might cost you a buck or two to acquire.
So whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or keep fit in general, here are the top 9 of the Best Home Exercise Equipment:
1. The Under Desk Elliptical Trainer
The Under Desk Elliptical Trainer or any under desk training machine is not just very helpful for home exercise, even at the office/workplace, this machine can be very useful. It allows you to exercise while sitting casually and probably even while working.
Personally, I consider this machine to be a Must-Have for home exercise not just because of the tremendous effect it has on the lower part of the body, but also because you could use it and get the best of it without having to stress yourself so much or sweat unnecessarily. Imagine peddling underneath the desk, exercising your tendons and muscles of the lower extremities while you are at work or watch TV at home!
Its ease of use enables you to add more physical activity/exercise to your daily routine without stressing much.
- You can burn a reasonable amount of calories using it. Paddling between 25 minutes to 45 minutes every day can aid you to burn between 500 – 900 calories daily.
- It enhances all-round blood flow.
- Known to reduces the risk of developing joint pains in the arms and legs. So if you are at risk of developing arthritis, take note.
- They can be used practically anytime your legs are free! No matter what you are doing, all that is needed are your legs.
- They come in various shapes, sizes, prices, and forms. Giving you a wide variety of options to choose from.
- Most of them come in very flashy and good looking designs.
- While some might be quick and easy to assemble and start using, enabling you to begin use in no time, others are not. Might require some technical know-how to assemble.
- If you intend to keep it underneath a desk and paddle while you work or do something else, you might need a desk that is a bit high(if you do not have one already). This is in order to accommodate your legs while you paddle.
- Some of them do not come cheap. On average, they cost between $50 – $150, while the higher ones cost between $150 – $300
- Again for those intending to use it underneath a desk, maybe while working, reading or doing anything else, you might need a more stable chair.
- Some of them get quite noisy after some time.
2. Hip Trainer
This one focuses on the ladies. With a Pelvic Muscle Hip Trainer, you can constantly exercise and strengthen your pelvic muscles, training your hips, which can, in turn, result in a more developed backside!
If you sit a lot during the day, then this one might be for you as well.
- The muscles of the buttocks, inner thighs and pelvis are exercised and trained severely,
- Very simple and easy to use. No many technicalities involved.
- It’s cost-effective. Between $10 – $25 can get you a decent one.
- It doesn’t require any technicalities for use.
It might take longer than you expect before results start to show.
I’m sure you’ll be suprised if the Treadmill doesn’t make the list. If you are interested in a super intense workout, then the treadmill is a viable option for you. You can put on your favorite TV program or your favorite playlist and watch/listen to it while exercising with the treadmill. Very entertaining and fun!
- Excellent for intensive all-round body workout
- Specifically good for cardiovascular exercise
- An excellent way to burn fat.
- The purchasing cost is very high
- Requires a lot of technical know-how to use
- Assembling it after purchase, or carrying out repairs on it is quite technical.
4. Yoga Mat
I titled this one yoga mat but typically any type of (exercise) mat would do; a tri-fold gym mat, yoga mat, exercise mat, etc. We are just looking for a decent mat you can carry out your basic exercises on.
If some or most of your exercise routine involves lying on the floor, sitting, back workouts, then you may want to consider getting a mat. Most of them are inexpensive and comes in various sizes and shapes to meet different purposes.
While deciding to go for an exercise mat, you need to pick one that is sufficiently thick to shield you from the hard ground.
- Ideal for an abs workout, lower back exercises, yoga, and basically all sets of exercises that you might want to carry out on the floor.
- Doesn’t cost so much to acquire
- Lightweight, flexible and easy to carry around.
Some might be slippery, making exercising a bit uncomfortable
5. Jump Rope aka Skipping Rope
You do not have a budget for a treadmill? No worries at all!
Skipping is an amazing form of exercise. Just like the treadmill, it helps train your heart and other parts of the cardiovascular system. This form of exercise can equally give you a full-body workout.
I think this is a very essential home exercise equipment because it doesn’t cost much to acquire, yet it still provides an amazing impact on your body. Most of them come in adjustable lengths, to serve various individuals with various heights.
- Can have an all-round impact on the body
- Good for the lower extremities, because they train the calves, hamstrings, and the quadriceps while you jump. And equally good for the upper extremities because they train the (forearms, and the deltoids muscles as you turn the rope during exercise.
- No hard and fast rule on usage. Very easy and simple to use
- It doesn’t cost much to acquire. With $9 – $15, you get a decent one.
- It doesn’t require so much space. In fact, none at all
- Good for cardiovascular exercise as well.
- Anyone constantly looking for a quick and easy body warm-up should have a skipping rope.
Best Home Exercise Equipments Click To Tweet
6. Full Body Vibration Machine
This is another great piece of equipment that one should consider when deciding a home exercise equipment. As the machine vibrates, that vibrational energy is in turn transmitted to your body. This process makes your body muscle to contract and relax multiple times within a single second.
There are some of these body vibration machines you can either stand, sit or lie on an it
- Good for those wanting to lose weight, burn fat.
- Equally good for a full-body workout.
- It enhances the flow of blood in the body.
- Not for use for pregnant women
- Body vibration machine can be dangerous in some situations.
- Doesn’t come cheap
- Requires a lot of technicalities for use and assembly
- It’s recommended you use it for at about 20 – 35 minutes per day, and for at least 3 days a week, to see results faster.
7. Kettle Bells and Dumbbells
Kettlebells come in various sizes and weights in order to serve different purposes.
If you usually have sweaty hands, then it is recommended you wear gym gloves before using so the kettlebell doesn’t slip off your hands. They come in various weights, so do well to pick the one that is best suited for you.
- Good for muscle building
- Does not require space in the house
- It doesn’t cost much to acquire. Between $10 – $25.
There’s really nothing dumb in getting a dumbbell!
8. Resistance Bands
Resistance bands are very much portable to have around. As a matter of fact, you can easily put it in your suitcase as you move from one place to another. Or even put it in your bag as you travel. They are a very simple piece of equipment to consider having around the house for basic home exercises.
- Super useful in training the hamstring and inner thigh muscles.
- They are very much flexible. And can be carried around easily.
- They have different ones for different purposes. Some focus on training your biceps and triceps while others are focused on training your hamstring and thigh.
- They are not too expensive to acquire $10 – 30$ would get you rocking one already.
Requires consistency and a long time of usage
9. Exercise Bike or a Cycle Trainer
This is yet another one I love so much. Though there might be slight differences between an exercise bike and a cycle trainer, but for simplicity and clarity, we would just consider them as one for now.
The ability to have fun while using this machine would definitely make you love it.
Put on your favorite TV program or your favorite music and get rocking with this machine. You will have different forms of entertainment while still burning some fat!
- Excellent for burning fat.
- Very impactful for cardiovascular, knee, hip or spine exercises.
- It might not be cheap to acquire.
- Requires expert assembly upon purchase.
9 Awesome Home Exercise Pieces of Equipment. A Must-Have Click To Tweet
And here comes the bonus!
10. The Crazy Bulk Dbal Supplement
Especially if you are a serious bodybuilder, then you should add this product to your bodybuilding toolkit. Its formula and natural ingredients help you build muscle much more effectively and faster, with no side effects at all.
So if you are looking to;
- Build muscles faster and more effectively
- Burn body fats
- Gain more strength
- Massive muscle gain and improved conditioning
I would highly recommend you check out this article, where I did an in-depth review of this product and how it can be very beneficial to you.
What to look out for when buying home exercise equipment
It is important for you to put these things into consideration when deciding to get a home exercise equipment;
- The space you have available at home.
- The technicalities involved in the usage
- The form of after-sales assistance available for you
- The cost
- Warranty covering damages.
- If the price will be a challenge, consider going to local stores to look for these pieces of equipment, Instead of shopping for them online. This is in order to eliminate the extra shipping fees that might apply when you shop online. Also, you can consider going for second-hand of these pieces of equipment. They cost a lot cheaper.
So there you have it! My top 9 home exercise equipment!
Plus an extra bonus ofcourse.
It can feel like being lost in the ocean when you are just starting out selecting any of these pieces of home gym exercise equipment, that is why I have tried to break them down into various categories considering their advantages and disadvantages, amount of space required in the house, price, etc. So the selection process should a lot simpler for you now.
So the question……
Which home exercise equipment is best for you?
Well, to be honest, I cannot categorically pick one for you, because the one that will be best for you will entirely depend on what your goals are. As analyzed in the article, some are best for burning fat, losing weight while others are best for cardio exercises, knee and joint exercises. So feel free to read through the article again, make more researches to finally decide which one you will eventually go for.
Thanks for stopping by to read. Keep stopping by for more amazing content!